Saturday, March 13, 2010

A love/hate relationship

I know the finale was a couple weeks ago, but I still wanted to talk about it. I have a love-hate relationship with ABC's show The Bachelor. I hate it because, well, I think it's stupid. For being on reality TV, these people are far removed from reality (i.e. "i'm in a fairytale"). I kick myself every week I waste time watching the show. The thing is, it's addicting - not the show itself, but how easy it is to make fun of it. Despite so many comments made on the show that make me want to throw up in my mouth, I love watching it because their "reality" is quite entertaining.
  • Dear Jake: please stop leaning over a rail of some sort every time you cry - Suck it up, be a man, rub some dirt in it!
  • I can't keep track of how many I ask, "did they rEaLlY just say that?"
  • The theme song "on the wings of love" is awful. the end.
  • Why does Jake talk about being adventurous and then cry when he go bungee jumping?
  • Where are Jakes "values and morals" - he talked about them all season and then chose the trashy girl?
  • If I hear "I'm falling in love" or "I have a lot of love to give" again, I might throw up.
I could go on an on, but I found one blog that shares many of my thoughts on The Bachelor and they are much more creative and observant. Check it out and enjoy!

1 comment:

Stevi said...

Amen to everything. Especially the "Wings of Love song." Seriously? Worst song ever.