Thursday, February 10, 2011

Making the Most of Life

Well, as you can see from my last post, 2010 was an A-mazing year. 2011 didn't start out so well . . . One day I thought to myself "wow Halie, no car, back living with the parental units, no job, no relationship, no money . . . you are awesome (insert sarcasm here)." Let's just say that I had to mask reality with false awesomeness for several weeks until things started looking up.

After borrowing whatever car wasn't being used, I got a used Honda Civic that I love!
(But I will say, I do really miss my Jeep when it snows)

I now have a part-time position at the Family Support Center as a clinical therapist, mostly with children. I haven't started quite yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be working in the West Valley office (yes, quite a drive from Bluffdale). It was rough finding work, but I was so thankful (and relieved) to finally find something.

sO wHaT aM i DoInG wItH aLl mY sPaRe tImE????

I didn't just want to have a pity party, and with everything that's happened lately, I have a great appreciation for time and am really making an effort to spend my time wisely.

I started one of my goals for 2011 of reading one book a month. So I finished reading . . .


which I absolutely LoVeD! I get frustrated with so much social injustice in our society, and even though this is a fictional book, it's nice to see that change of attitudes and interactions is possible.

I watched my cute two year old cousin, Kira, one day and had a blast, and man was I tired by the end. I've never seen Dora the Explorer, but I think I learned the things she says by what Kira talked about that day - "Maracas! I love making music! It makes me so Happy!" - ADORABLE


My cousin, Calli, and I also threw a baby shower for our cousin, Lindsey. We ate at La Jolla Groves (Yum-O) in Provo and Calli made a cute diaper cake (I wish I would have taken a picture). I made the invitation and had fun decorating these sugar cookies with my mom.


I've also done really well on another 2011 goal of better scripture study and temple attendance which I'm really excited about and proud of.
FUNNY SIDE STORY - Kelsie I went to do baptisms on day around 11:00. While we were there, one of the temple workers said, "Sister, we're so glad you are here . . . but . . . shouldn't you be in school?" - meaning high school! It was hilarious! Kels said, " a . . . no, we're 23." They could believe it - so funny! Or maybe you had to be there, or at least know all the comments we get about looking 17 (which I strongly disagree with!!!).

I'm now upset with the soundtrack to the musical Wicked and the band He is We.
I haven't even seen Wicked, but I am planning on going in June of 2012 in San Diego

This last week I've spent doing a 40 hour training in Mediation. My plan is to take the domestic and divorce mediation training in november so I can do that work on the side and make some extra money. And my sister and I started a cake decorating class this week - it was our Christmas gift to each other. Next week I'm going to try either the white chocolate and raspberry or coconut key lime cake. I'll let you know how it goes.


2 comments:

Loni said...

oh my goodness! cute car hales! and congrats on the new job!!

Jenny Erazo said...

Yay for new cars and jobs! Not that you will need it but good luck on at your new job!