Friday, June 24, 2011

Spontaneous Fun

In May, a few friends and I decided we wanted to go to California. We have all graduated and are not quite used to the restrictions for fun and spontaneity our grown up jobs have placed on us. Well, we couldn't really take any time off of work, so we drove down for the weekend. We left Friday night at 7:00 and got back Monday night around 8. Yes, a quick trip indeed. But a fun trip anyhow, despite the 20 hours of driving. Here are a few pictures of our weekend adventure to Huntington Beach.

Standing in the FREEZING cold water at Huntington Beach.
Utah had great weather that weekend and we got rained on.

We went to see the beautiful Newport Beach temple

Me & Morgan at Newport Beach. Still cold, but much better weather!

Last weekend Kelsie and I went to St. George for a wedding. We met up with one of Kelsie's friends (who having since met her I totally consider my friend, and a great one at that! She also happens to the be the ex-girlfriend of one of my best friends . . . funny). She and a few of her local friends took us to Redcliffs - SUCH. A. COOL. PLACE!!! It's a short hike to the start of the ponds where you can swim between canyon like rocks to get to the waterfalls to climb and slide down. It's like a natural water park - except not nearly as steep or long, but way more fun! Here a few picks from our day trip down and back to St. George.

The gang.

On the hike I learned I'm a tree hugger

We saw toads and tadpoles everywhere! I wasn't desperate enough to kiss it and see if he turned into a prince. Not yet anyway.

Climbing up the mossy waterfall barefoot.
Not an easy task, but so fun! I have the bruises to prove it!




Oh, and the wedding was great too by the way. I just didn't take any pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like you have done some fun stuff!