Time flies when you're having fun . . . and even when you're not. So . . . it's been over 2 years since I last posted anything on my blog. Since that time, social media has exploded! Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, and so many more that I'm either unaware of or know even less about than the others I mentioned, oh, and Facebook (of course). I do like facebook because I can get updates about friends and family, find out about social events, and even facebook stalk (come on, we all do it and you know it). The thing that bugs me about facebook is that far too many people feel the need to post everything about their lives - what they're making for dinner (unless you're inviting me to dinner, I don't care), how many inches they're dilated (ew, tmi), or things that everyone else deals with that suddenly has to become melodramatic so they can get a reaction and attention from people on facebook. And then there are posts that are ranting, venting, or passive aggressive from people who just need to get a therapist.
My point? There are a lot of people in this world and we all have our own issues and drama. Sometimes I feel things I'm thinking, or feeling, or doing aren't important or interesting compared to the next person. Years ago I was told I needed to be more of an open book instead of vault. I realized that what I do think and feel and experience is significant, interesting, important, and even funny at times (at least my best friend thinks I am). But with the fear of becoming annoying on someone's facebook feed, I have struggled to find away to express these things. A few months ago, I considered getting back into blogging as an outlet for this but then thought "do people still blog these days?" which was followed by finding that most of the blogs I found were either about cooking or family life. After a lot of thought, I decided why not? What do I have to loose? Plus, despite my best efforts I am HORRIBLE at journaling (I always feel the need to start from the beginning) and figured that keeping up on my blog would at least be a good way to document my life. Anyway, that's why I'm back. Stay tuned for more about where I've been . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment