Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Birthday with the Goblins


Goblin Valley is one of my favorite places to visit/camp/hike in Utah. My family has been there 6 or 7 times and it never gets old! SUCH A FUN PLACE! Hiking, games, shooting off rockets, dutch oven dinners, amazing landscapes, and countless adventures.

The pictures off to the right are from previous trips. Here's a few things that happened this weekend . . .



I hung out with these awesome people
Yes, it's true. My siblings and I are far older than the other kids we go with, but that's one thing that makes it so fun. The are such a riot to be around and watch. They climb all over the rocks like monkeys finding forts and bridges - what great imaginations they have - and have SO MUCH ENERGY, it's impossible to keep up with them.

We went on 2 NEW hikes. One had the "best pictographs in the world."
Here's some random trivia for you: hieroglyphics were carved out of the rock and pictographs were painted onto the rock, just in case wondering about the difference between the two is keeping you up at night.

One of my favorite pictures of the whole trip
This was taken after a 7 mile hike down into, through, and back out of a canyon with a dry SAND filled riverbed. I know, I know, I laughed too and said "7 miles, that's not too bad." But have you ever tried to walk up a steep hill of sand for three quarters of a mile? Not. an. easy. task. After we got back to the top, Josh took his shoes off so my dad carried him to the truck. What a good dad. What a wimpy kid (JK josh).

And I taught everyone how to play Ninja Destruction. Good times!

We played scum, nerts, and baseball, but this time we used a real baseball instead because this is what happens when you use rocks . . .
Goblin Trip 2009

We did play GOBLIN TAG, of course. But we were too busy running around to take pictures.

Oh, and did I mention I spent my bIRtHdaY with the goblins? Yep, I turned 24 on Saturday. For some reason I was absolutely dreading this birthday. It was nice to have a break from everything and get away from all the reminders of where I am in life. Thanks to my family and (little) friends, I did have a wonderful birthday.

No comments: