Monday, May 9, 2011

Goodbye Pink Feather

The pink feather of rebellion is gone.

When I was about finish college, I decided I needed to do something kind of "rebellious" before I really started my grown up life so I planned to dye a piece of my hair pink. Well, needless to say, that never happened. That was 2 years ago (wow! I can't believe it's been that long since I graduated from USU!). Like I mentioned in my last post, as my 24th birthday approached, I was not looking forward to it AT ALL (dreading it was more like it). A few weeks before my birthday, I went to a show at Expo Center to visit my sister who was working at a booth for her school and right then, right there decided to get one of those trendy feather extensions put in my hair. BEST. IDEA. EVER. The feather was hot pink, didn't fry my hair, and I could (usually) hide it at work. It was fun, pretty subtle, and made me happy. One of my co-workers even told me that if administration questioned it to tell them it was for therapeutic purposes to help build rapport with my teenage clients (love it!). My life since December has not been all that exciting, but the simple pink feather brought me a bit of spunk to life that I needed. As I was doing my hair the other day, I accidentally brushed it out. It was fun for a while, but now I am making plans for the future that I am really looking forward to, so I happily bid farewell to the pink feather.

No comments: